The Global Orchestra aims to unite communities through technology and music, hosting large-scale community events like Concert for the Planet. (More than 100,000 participants from across the globe played Holst’s ‘Planet Suite’ simultaneously, following a live stream from the Sydney Opera House)
To project-manage the Australian components of the inaugural Concert for the Planet: a global mass-participation, multi-location simultaneous performance.
- Creation of project scope, budget and operational plan
- Coordination of stakeholder partnerships including Sydney Symphony Orchestra, Earth Hour, Sydney Opera House and education sector.
- Establishment of production requirements for broadcast of musical performance at key locations
- Implementation of production schedule for the performance.
- Coordination of volunteers throughout project
A hugely successful inaugural project:
A unique collaborative performance where school students, professional musicians and even a group of players from NASA performed alongside the SSO via a live-stream from the Sydney Opera House.